As 2013 approaches, slot manufactures have been hard at work and ready to release their latest slot machine games for the coming year. Each company hopes that their innovative slot becomes the next “big thing.” The companies continue to enhance the graphics and audio while looking for the ultimate bonus round that will captivate the minds of slot players everywhere. Let’s take a look at some of the slots that caught my attention that are due to come out in the New Year.
Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- As a resident of North Carolina in the United States I was a bit partial to last year’s release of Blackbeard’s Treasure. It is known that Blackbeard roamed the outer banks of NC so the theme intrigued me but the game itself won me over. American Gaming is set to release a new game that may capture my attention even more. The theme will be the famous Ripley’s Believe It or Not. We all love the bonus round on slot machines, and for you trivia buffs out there this may interest you.
- There will be a bonus round where players will be asked multiple choice trivia questions. Similar in style to the game show “Who wants to be a Millionaire” there will be features that will help you decide the correct answers. During your base play you will be able to acquire “helpers” which are basically clues to help you figure out the correct answer. You will be able to use a “redo” feature that gives you another question if you have no idea what the answer is. Also, similar to polling the audience is a “stats” option that allows you to see what percentages others have guessed, and the last option is the “eliminator” which removes one of the answers.
- You know I’m a bit biased for games that require any type of skill, and this sounds like a winner to me. Although I’m not going to be a contestant on “Jeopardy” anytime soon, I think I have a handle on a decent amount of trivia. I don’t know about you, but I’m anxious to play Ripley’s Believe It or Not in 2013.
- Although I am a resident of NC, I’m not a native so this next slot theme doesn’t interest me, but it does provide some innovative qualities that will get me to try it out. Bally will be coming out with a NASCAR themed slot machine that sounds pretty fun especially if you’re a fan. You get to select one of five drivers and it gives you their bio and all on screen icons will reflect the team colors and car.
- The bonus that attracted my attention is called the “Green Flag Bonus” which will put you in a real-time 3D race. You take on the identity of the driver of the car and you get to use a new feature called “U-Drive” to try and win the race. All while sitting in a sound chair that uses the sounds of the race to enhance the authenticity. I’m not sure what the “U-Drive” feature entails, but even though I’m not a NASCAR fan this slot sure does sound like a good time.
Tulley’s Treasure Hunt
- There are many more great video slots to be released in the New Year of 2013, but I have to tell you about one more I’m really excited about. It is from IGT and it is called Tulley’s Treasure Hunt. Tulley is a turtle and when you enter the bonus round you get to use a Nintendo style joystick to help Tulley swim under water and collect coins and treasure. Yes, it involves actual skill. As you get better at the bonus round you are able to navigate Tulley and collect greater amounts of treasure than an unskilled player.
- You know I love slots that play more like video games and Tulley’s Treasure Hunt seems to fit into that category. It will depend on how well the bonus round plays like an actual video game, but I’m excited to try. Sounds like another winner to me.
Once these slots are released it will be like a kid in a candy store trying to figure out which slots to play. Slot manufacturers know they need to provide new and exciting slot machines to maintain their standing in the industry, and I think you will be pleased with the 2013 releases.